Terms of Sale
Our preferred partner company, Ublish, LLC, manages return requests for Individual Direct/Student Sales.
Customers will receive a full refund on their purchase of Digital Products if the return request is received within 14 days of purchase. This includes digital products purchased as an access code, online courses, eBook, or other digital product subscriptions. Refunds of digital products are limited to one time per course, per term. To obtain a refund, you must fill out a support ticket with your order information on the Support Helpdesk: https://support.chicagobusinesspress.com/support/tickets/new.
Physical Products / Printed Books
To obtain a refund, you must fill out a support ticket with your order information on the Support Helpdesk: https://support.chicagobusinesspress.com/support/tickets/new.
- These sales will receive a full refund on the purchase price and any applicable taxes, if eligible.
- There is not a restocking fee.
- Ublish, LLC does not refund shipping costs.
- The product was purchased directly from Chicago Business Press.
- Returns must be in saleable condition, in their unbroken, original shrink-wrap unless there is a manufacturer material defect.
- We will not accept products that have been opened, used, altered, or re-wrapped for return or exchange.
- Return requests must be made within 21 days of the original purchase date.
- Returns must be received within 7 days of your approved request.
- Returns must reference the original order number(s).
- Returns should be shipped prepaid by traceable means; provide us the tracking number from your shipping carrier.
- We are not responsible for books lost in route to us.
- Defective products must have prior authorization and follow the return instructions given.
- Damaged or defective products received without prior authorization (including those damaged in transit).
- Products received that were complimentary copies to professors or aides.
- Opened, unsealed books, or re-wrapped books.
- Used books.
- Unauthorized returns.
- Anything received that does not follow the outlined policy.
- Unacceptable returns may be returned at the customer’s expense.
Direct / Student Returns Address:Ublish, LLC
Chicago Business Press Returns
1652 E. Main Street
Saint Charles, IL 60174
General Product Policy
100% of a reseller’s or wholesaler’s (“purchaser,” “account” or “you”) eligible purchases of Chicago Business Press's regular (non-custom) active and out-of print-products purchased directly from Chicago Business Press may be returned for credit or refund, provided the return is received undamaged and in resalable condition, at our returns address, within 12 months of the original invoice date. Prior authorization is not required.
Titles Ineligible for Return and Credit
- Returns that are damaged or otherwise not in condition to be resold as new, such as books with bent or crushed corners; scratched, abraded or bent covers; torn, missing, or folded pages; or the presence of stickers or adhesives.
- Chicago Business Press is the sole judge of whether a product is damaged or otherwise not in a condition to be resold as new.
- Damaged books will be returned to the bookstore at the bookstore's expense.
Credits and Refunds
Credit and refunds for eligible returns will be issued at the invoiced price or at the most recent invoiced price for the title according to Chicago Business Press’s record of the account’s purchase history.
Superseded editions must be returned by April 30 of the copyright year of the new edition or within 90 days of the new edition’s publication date, whichever is later.
Damaged Titles Received by Purchaser
Titles damaged in transit to the account must be reported immediately to Chicago Business Press so that a claim can be filed against the carrier or our insurance. Collect or third-party shipments that are damaged in transit are the responsibility of the carrier and store.
Chicago Business Press reserves the right to review and reduce or suspend returns privileges and ordering privileges for accounts that persist in:
Procuring, offering, or distributing counterfeit copies,
Procuring, offering, or distributing copies of International Editions and/or Internationally sourced products not sold by Chicago Business Press for sale in the U.S.,
Attempting to return other product that is ineligible for return.
There is no restocking fee for returning eligible products to Chicago Business Press at the address above. However, a restocking fee of $20 per carton may be assessed for returns sent to the wrong address.
Returns freight charges are the purchaser’s responsibility.
Returns Address:Chicago Business Press
c/o Ware-Pak, LLC
2427 Bond St
University Park, IL 60484